We live in exciting times
ECN has entered Chipping Norton in the Market Town category of the 2015 Great British High Street Awards, and we need your help in lifting us to winning heights.
So how do you join our campaign?
- Get one of our Awards Posters and display it in your window!
- Grab one of our new ECN Stickers and display that in your window too!
- Create a Shop Window Display that shows your support and love for Chippy!
- Come along to our September Public Meeting (Sept 24th 6-8pm at the Number 24 Café) to find out how you can get more involved!
On social media . . .
- Follow ECN on any social media channel you’re already using.
- Look out for any updates containing the #GBHighSt hashtag, then Retweet, Share and Comment your heart away!
- Include the #GBHighSt hashtag on your own social media updates!
- If you can, use photos and short video clips to tell us why you love Chippy!
Stay tuned for details of how you can vote for Chippy in the awards!
What are the Great British High Street Awards?
They are a competition searching for Britain’s brightest and most forward-thinking towns and communities across a range of categories.
What are they looking for?
They celebrate creativity and collaboration leading to great outcomes for the town, city or village involved.
And what has ECN achieved?
ECN has plenty to boast about in the three areas of Trade, Tourism and Community which drive our Experience Chipping Norton team – along with the sparky band of local volunteers and residents who contribute so enthusiastically to our local shops and businesses, trade and community events, projects, meetings and social media.
Look around our website, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Vine platforms to see what we’ve achieved. Take a walk through our beautiful town to see the renewed energy a dedicated town team can generate.
But there’s a heap more to come
We’re humble too. Because the more we achieve, the more we realise is waiting to be done. There’s so much more we’re capable of, and so many things we need to accomplish if we’re going to place Chippy where it belongs – at the heart of the Cotswold map in terms of vibrant trade, tourism and community ventures.
What are the benefits of winning a Great British High Street Award?
According to the market town of Belper, 2014’s overall winner: “Winning the Great British High Street has been a wonderful boost to the town, stimulating interest and encouraging new partners to work with us. Local residents are more aware of how special their town is and the publicity has encouraged visitors from neighbouring areas to make a trip to see what the town has to offer. It has also generated a number of new ideas which we hope to implement to allow the town to continue to improve and build on the success. We’d really encourage villages, town and high streets to get involved in the 2015 competition.”
So let’s get cracking. Welcome aboard for the ride!