What is Chippy Means Business?
Chippy Means Business is an Experience Chipping Norton (ECN) pilot scheme designed to:
- Promote local Trade, Tourism and Community interests to a wider audience.
- Continue Chipping Norton’s development as a premier UK Digital Hub.
- Foster broader business and community engagement.
- Attract investment in Chipping Norton through public grants/competitions, private partnerships and sponsorships.
- Create a sustainable working model for ECN to fund future business, tourism and community projects.
How does it work?
In the first phase of the pilot, ECN has engaged local businesses and individuals who will provide the following services on a profit-sharing basis:
- Content for sponsored blogs, web pages, email marketing shots and social media posts so local businesses can engage directly with their audience via ECN’s digital assets.
- Digital Skills Training sessions for business owners and individuals.
- Business networking events.
- Fundraising events.
All ECN profits from sponsorships, training and events will be re-invested into projects to promote business and community outcomes.
Official ECN Service Providers and sponsors will be recognised on the official sponsors’ page of the new ECN website – coming soon!
Other service providers will be invited to participate in the scheme as it expands in the future.
Who can participate?
Any individual can attend the training, networking and fundraising events by purchasing a ticket at the advertised entry price. Additional donations to ECN from businesses and individuals will be accepted at each event and the donors will be recognised for their contributions.
Businesses in Chipping Norton and surrounding villages are encouraged to sponsor the ECN website, heritage walking app, social media channels and email newsletter with paid advertorial content. See our rate card for details.
Future ECN Service Providers will be chosen based on the benefits their participation can bring to ECN and the business, civic and resident communities of Chipping Norton. A joining fee may or may not be charged.
What is an ECN service provider?
An ECN Service Provider is any company, retailer or individual who offers their facilities, products or services on a profit-sharing basis with ECN.
A networking event is held at a local café, restaurant or civic facility. ECN sells tickets to the event and all profits are split between the event organiser and ECN. Additional ECN fundraising at the event could include a raffle, a charity auction or a competition.
A digital marketing company creates, designs and uploads a paid advertorial business profile page on the ECN website and splits the profits with ECN.
What are the benefits?
- Participating businesses can market themselves to large audiences on ECN’s established digital marketing channels, which reach more than 20,000 people a week.
- Individuals can attend digital skills training in the local area.
- Local business owners can build relationships and promote their products and services to other businesses and individuals at regular networking and fundraising events.
- Sponsors can grow their brand with special mentions on the ECN website.
- Promote your ECN Service Provider status on your marketing channels, demonstrating how you contribute to the welfare of Chipping Norton.
- Improved Trade, Tourism and community outcomes in Chipping Norton.
Where does the money go?
All ECN profits will be ploughed back into digital, business and community projects by the ECN steering committee based on:
- Consolidating and enhancing Chipping Norton’s status as a UK Digital Hub.
- Public submissions for improving Trade, Tourism and Community outcomes.
- Hosting ECN town events to attract visitors to the high street.
- Promoting Chipping Norton as a short and long stay Cotswolds destination for regional and national tourists.
How can you help?
- Buy a sponsorship package on the new ECN website, mobile walking app, email newsletter or social media channels.
- Register to become an ECN Service Provider, explaining how you can contribute to ‘Chippy Means Business’.
- Host a public meeting, networking or town event.
- Donate prizes for ECN raffles and competitions.
- Become an ECN Volunteer and help to organise and promote our events.
- Apply to join the ECN Steering Committee and have a real say in Chipping Norton’s future.
- Tell us how you think Chipping Norton can be improved and get involved in a range of community projects.
Talk to us about ongoing support for the following projects:
- Free public Wi-Fi in Chipping Norton.
- Digital Skills Training sessions for businesses and individuals right here in Chipping Norton.
- Snake Pit – Chippy’s own version of the Dragon’s Den.
- The ECN business incubator – a digital and office space for startups
Look out for posts about Chippy Means Business on our Facebook and Twitter channels. Give us your feedback, suggestions and support by using the #ChippyMeansBusiness hashtag on your posts. And get involved by attending our upcoming events, which will be promoted here and on social media.