It’s been a cracking start to the year for Experience Chipping Norton (ECN), now celebrating 2015 with a slate of new projects and an influx of new blood.
Following our call for ECN Ambassadors last month, we’ve been delighted by the enthusiastic response from Chippy residents keen to get involved. They bring a wealth of expertise and experience which will help us achieve our ambitious goals.
However, there are some very specific areas of help still needed – are you able to contribute any of the following skills in support of our unique town project?
- Events and Meeting Management
- Admin/project support
- Graphic design
- Marketing and PR
- Website and social media management
- Promotional video and photography
Any support we can gain in these fields will help us make ECN an impressive, professional body able to thrive in the twenty-first century. Our aim is to use bang-up-to-date social media and marketing techniques which will enable ECN to shine.
After all, we see ECN as the living, breathing expression of Chippy’s energy – a place where trade, tourism and community ventures can meet and prosper, with local people engaged at all levels within it.
Making our Town Shine
Last month we explored the structure and goals of ECN, an organisation which has really found its feet following the Prime Minister David Cameron’s address to local businesses at the civic Town Hall meeting in January.
- This month (at our Public Meeting – see below) we’d like to outline some of the bold projects we have in store for our market town this year . . . easily achievable with all local hands on deck!
- Christmas: A whole heap of seasonal town centre and shopping events are in the pipeline, aimed at maximising Christmas cheer in Chippy – for both traders and shoppers.
- Chippy Food Festival: Yes, we want our very own town food festival, in celebration of the amazing array of fresh produce, delicious home bakes and gourmet gastronomy on offer here.
- Town Beautification: Let’s make Chippy as beautiful as she ought to be, through a targeted program of litter removal, weeding and gardening etc. designed to restore her to her former glory.
- Chippy in Bloom: Let it grow! We want to get all our budding gardeners involved in decking out the town in glorious colours with flowers, plants, shrubs and trees – a stunning backdrop for our graceful and historic buildings.
- Back to Business: We want all local traders to have access to our exciting schedule of network meetings, seminars and training workshops, with a view to establishing and developing their local businesses.
So what’s the first step in getting involved?
Come to our meetings, visit our website, check out everything on offer and email us to start the ball rolling. Talk to your local shopkeepers and find out what they know. Talk to your local community groups, and see how they might be able to chip in. Talk to your relatives, friends and neighbours about a new way of living and working in Chippy – ECN, that is.
Are you in?