ECN is evolving, and we want all residents, businesses and visitors to grow with us.
We’ve rebranded with a new logo and website, scheduled free wi-fi for the town centre and established a new digital sponsorship scheme to boost our trading fortunes – Chippy Means Business.
Because we’ve seen for ourselves how technology has helped transform our community by improving local lives, fostering a thriving business environment and attracting more visitors to our town.
Who will be involved?
At ECN, we’re proud of our holistic approach. Our residents and businesses form the heart of the town. ECN seeks to involve you in running meaningful, effective ventures and driving the changes that you want to see happen in your local community.
This is why we are seeking input, ideas, time, sponsorship and voluntary support to effect real, lasting change which will see Chipping Norton continue to thrive as a vibrant, healthy community.
What are our goals?
ECN has built a sustainable, working model which will be self-funding, constantly evolving and innovating to boost trade, tourism and community outcomes in Chippy.
Already, a number of local businesses and volunteers are backing us with direct sponsorship, partnership arrangements and several local initiatives.
And we’re sharing our knowledge with others, actively forging creative links between Chippy and other towns. Which all means one thing, putting Chippy in the national spotlight as a Digital Hub we should all be immensely proud of.
The #GBHighSt judges agree
We’re delighted to be finalists again in the Great British High Street of the Year Awards, having been shortlisted in the Small Market Town category of the 2016 competition.
Last year Chippy came so close to taking top prize in the Market Town category, which attracted more entries than any other.
Organisers have once again recognised the strength of our town’s digital platform and initiatives, which include:
- Free public wi-fi: Thanks to generous sponsorship by Elephant Wifi, visitors will soon be enjoying high speed internet access in the centre of Chippy. Businesses will have new digital marketing opportunities via splash screen advertising, footfall tracking and direct messaging to visitors.
- New ECN website and branding: The Midcounties Coop has very kindly sponsored our revamped, user-friendly town website which reflects our new focus on making Chippy a place of choice for people to Live, Work, Play, Visit and Innovate.
- Engaging social media: ECN reaches up to 40,000 people a week across multiple social media channels.
- Chippy Means Business: Our new digital business scheme offers Facebook promotions, sponsored web content, Smartphone walking app advertising, local partnerships and an exciting range of sponsored events and town activities.
We also need your vote to become Britain’s best high street!
Simply visit Chippy2Win.com and make one vote per email address per day for Chippy to be crowned Best Small Market Town of the Year.
If you have more than one email, feel free to use it for extra votes any time before voting ends on 18 November.
With £10,000 up for grabs at this year’s awards, ECN has a real chance to secure these and new services for Chipping Norton well into the future.
Plans are already underway to launch Snake Pit – our very own version of Dragon’s Den – and a business incubator for innovative start-ups.
A big thank you to our existing sponsors:
- Midcounties Coop
- Elephant Wifi
- Maxwell Douglas Chartered Surveyors & Estate Agents
- Wild At Heart
- Country Estates (Cromwell Business Park)
- Chipping Norton Tea Set
- Jaffe & Neale Bookshop
- The Fox Hotel
- Real Towns
See our Rate Card for details about how to become an ECN Sponsor
What you can do to help
We’d love to have you on board. Here are some of the ways you can lend a hand:
- Attend monthly ECN public meetings.
- Support local events and activities.
- Advertise your business on the ECN Facebook page, website, tour app or email newsletter.
- Sponsor an ECN event or activity.
- Become an ECN partner business.
- Volunteer for one of our community roles.
- Engage with us on social media.
- Vote at Chippy2Win.com now to help us win the #GBHighSt competition.
ECN is growing. Our goal is to help Chipping Norton grow with us and become a self-supporting digital hub which delivers positive outcomes for business, residents and visitors – without charging additional levies on the town.
We look forward to welcoming your involvement.