The award-winning Cirencester Hare Trail is coming to town, giving Chippy traders a great opportunity to promote their business and attract visitors from across the UK.
A whopping 34,000 people visited the giant hare sculptures during the 2014 and 2015 festivals, so participating businesses can count on far-reaching exposure.
ECN is looking for businesses to sponsor Chippy’s own five-foot hares, along with artists to decorate them in keeping with this year’s theme – the history, culture and heritage of the Cotswolds.
Businesses can get together to sponsor a hare which will take pride of place in a key area of the town between March and October 2017, increasing footfall and boosting Chippy trade.
The aim is to create a walking trail of eye-catching, uniquely decorated hares which supports charity, celebrates regional artists and promotes local businesses UK-wide.
The Cirencester Hare Trail is an established and hugely popular March-October tourist attraction drawing big crowds keen to walk the hare-lined trail and take part in competitions, activities, merchandise and charity auctions.
Why sponsor a Chippy hare?
Put your money on a Chippy hare and it’s a win-win situation.
- Promotion: Participating businesses receive year-long national promotion of their brand via an exciting platform.
- Conscience. Funds raised will benefit National Star, a charity offering hope, help and support to young people with special educational needs.
- Reward: Sponsors are given 10% of the sale price of their hare when it goes to charity auction in October 2017, with artists receiving 15%.
- Publicity: Your business name and logo goes on the plinth of the hare you choose.
- Footfall: Your hare will become a magnet and photo opportunity for children, families and curious visitors, so you will never be overlooked!
- Art-friendly: Choose your artist and support the creative sector. Celebrate your town or region as an artistic hub with stunning hares displayed in shops, galleries, hotels and public places.
What do you need to do to take part?
- As a business: You can sponsor an individual five-foot hare, co-sponsor a hare with other businesses or buy a small hare to display in your shop window or premises.
- As a resident: You can sponsor a hare too, or even sponsor a hare for a community group or school to decorate.
- As an artist: You can apply to decorate one of the hare sculptures in a totally unique way as long as you follow the theme. Once accepted, you can then be matched up with a sponsoring business.
- As a school: You can play your part by creating your own range of tiny hares.
Cirencester Hare Trail Director Florence Beetlestone now hopes Chipping Norton businesses, residents and artists will participate in the vibrant, six-month festivities, helping boost our town’s national profile and making the festival an annual Chippy event.
Cirencester’s hares have become a permanent and much-loved feature of the town, showcasing public art.
Why not establish our own locally-designed hares as a Chippy highlight – something people will make a special trip to see, benefitting our shops, businesses, pubs, eateries and B&Bs well into the future?
You can even adopt a permanent hare for your business foyer, pub or hotel reception, with customised design and price.